A blog about all things related to the Leiden University Kaltura & weblectures systems
Manual Videoportal University Leiden
- Add-menu: Through this menu you can upload/create videos and quizzes to the video portal.
- (Sub-)Categories: The various headers on the navigation bar.
- Channels: A special group of videos accessible only by members of this group.
- Creative Commons Licences: Freely available standard copyright licenses that determine in what extend work can be spreaded or used. For more info please visit: https://creativecommons.org/about/
- Embedding: The videoportal uses embedding in order to display YouTube videos without having to visit the actual website.
- Metadata: Additional information linked to the video’s on the videoportal.
- ‘My Media’-page: Personal section of the videoportal where all the video’s you “own” are listed. This section is only accessible by you.
- Navigation bar: This bar contains the various (sub) categories the university uses to divide the videos on this website.
- Playlist: A manually created collection of videos on the videoportal.
- Search bar: You can enter your video search query here. Please check the supplier website for more information on the search-behavior of the videoportal: https://knowledge.kaltura.com/faq/kaltura-search-engine-media-metadata-and-timeline-search-behavior-and-commands
- Site header: The site header is always visible on top of the website and contains the logo of University Leiden as well as the navigation bar, search bar, add (video) button and the user menu.
- Thumbnail: Miniature example of a photo.
- User menu: Through this menu, you are able to log in and navigate to your media, playlists and channels.
- Video-file: A video file is a file format that contains a motion picture. For more information on accepted file-formats check the site of our supplier: https://knowledge.kaltura.com/faq/what-are-supported-transcoding-formats-saas-edition