To solve problems with Kaltura Capture we first ask you to check if your system complies to the system requirements as set for this program (see link below).
Most important of these requirements are the facts the system needs to be a 64 bit system (Win 7 or above or Mac OS X 12+), has at least 4 processor cores and 4gb of ram.
Before contacting the ISSC please be sure to follow these next steps:
Take a screenshot of the Kaltura Capture error message
- Please take a screenshot of the error message as shown on your screen.
Take a screenshot of the system information
To take a screenshot of your system information on Windows:
- Type ‘System information’ in the search bar as shown in the Windows taskbar.
- Take a screenshot of the newly opened window.
To take a screenshot of your system information on Mac.
- Go to the upper left corner of your screen and press the Apple logo.
- Choose ‘About this Mac’.
- Make a screenshot of the newly opened window.
Submit support logs
To submit the support logs in Kaltura Capture please follow these steps:
- In the Kaltura Capture application click the ‘Manage’ option as shown below:
- Now click on the cog icon in the left hand menu bar as shown below:
- Now click on ‘Upload logs’ behind ‘Collect and upload app logs’.
- Be sure to copy the log ‘Token’ as shown in the popup window after successfully uploading the support logs.
With all the above in hand please contact the ISSC and provide them with a detailed description of what you are trying to do, what the error was, what you tried to do to solve it and most importantly include the following:
- Screenshot of your error message.
- Screenshot of your ‘system information’.
- The support log token.
We will try to solve identify (and hopefully solve) your problem as quickly possible.