While making a full screen recording in Kaltura Capture, it will also record the tool itself. There are a few detours available to make a full screen recording without recording the tool.
First of all, the question is whether a full-screen recording is really required. In many cases, making a selection from the screen is sufficient.
Click the arrow icon next to the screen icon (shown in the image below) to display the selection option and choose ‘Select Area’.
Of course there are situations where you have to record the full screen (for instance with Powerpoint Presentations).
In such cases there are several options.
For a simple full screen recording without the use of the annotation tools please follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Manage’ in the bottom right of the Kaltura Capture application.
- In the new screen press on the gear icon to open the ‘Settings’ menu
- In the ‘Settings’ menu please select ‘Yes’ for the ‘Auto minimize when recording’ option.
- Click ‘Save’
The app will now automatically minimize itself when you start recording.
To stop recording you will have to manually open the app from the taskbar.
If you want to record in full screen but also want to use the annotation options, the following options are available:
- If you have two screens available you place the Kaltura Capture tool on the screen that is not to be recorded. This option is also best when you need to use the annotation tools and the only version in which the tool is currently not being recorded.
- If you don’t have several screens available to you the following options are left:
- Minimalize the tool manually by pressing on the – icon in the far right corner of the tool as soon as you have hit the record button. This option only works when you plan on not using the annotation tool
- When you are done recording you have to maximize the tool again by double-clicking on the tool in the taskbar
- After you have finished recording and have uploaded the video to the videoportal you can remove the first and last few seconds of the video to ensure you do not show the minimizing or maximizing of the tool on screen.