In our training activities we use handouts with more detailed information and best practices for all sorts of subjects related to data management.
Research Data Security and Protection
- Backup strategy
- Versioning and authenticity
- Sensitive data protection
- Other useful links:
- What is pseudonymous, de-identified or anonymous data? See A Visual Guide to Practical Data De-Identification (from the Future of Privacy Forum)
- Publishing and Sharing Sensitive Data decision tree by the Australian National Data Service
Research Data Findability and Reusability
- See also the EUDAT checklist: ‘How FAIR are your data?
- File naming and folder structures according to GARP, read our interview with dr. Liesbeth de Lange on GARP
Research Data Publication
These are drafts, and will be updated every once in a while.
Or check out this comprehensive online Expert tour guide on data management by CESSDA ERIC (the Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives European Infrastructure Consortium).